Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Make-Up-Mare

For the past couple nights I have been experiencing some tension filled dreams. This is not unusual for me, as I am a vivid dreamer. I write down my dreams and interpret them in the morning to try to understand my sub-conscience. My exam for my first section of school is tomorrow and I am very nervous as it is worth 80% of my mark for the beauty portion of my studies.


I dreamt it was the day of the exam and I was applying make-up on my model Erin. We only have 1 hour to do a Day Look, and Erin kept fluttering her eyes and moving around and I was getting really anxious because I knew I was going to run out of time. Thankfully I managed to pull through and finished my Day Look. So as I was about to move on to my Evening Look, which I had 45 minutes to complete, I turn around and Erin is pulling out all of her fake eyelashes and washing her face and eating food and I was doomed.


Then I woke up, very relieved.


I also dreamt I was applying make-up onto a bride and I screwed up her face pretty bad and put dark brown eye shadow on the inner 1/3 of her eye lid and lined the bottom of her eye with thick purple liner. Not a hot look. Especially for a bride.


These nightmares make perfect sense to me, clearly I am stressed out and worried about my exam and that's really all there is too it. But for those of you who dream of Make-Up and Cosmetics, there may be more to your dreams if you are not studying or working in the Beauty Industry. Here are just a few examples that are the most common:


"Make-Up in dreams signifies the appearance we present to others, as well as the ability to change the impressions we make on others. In your dream, if you are pleased with your make-up, you may be signaling your waking confidence about your appearance. The opposite is true if you disliked your dream make-up."


"If you are applying make-up in your dream, what are you trying to hide from others?"


"Lipstick suggests passionate sexuality and the desire to attract the attention of a potential lover."


Pretty interesting stuff! Keep dreaming!


xox Celina

No comments:

Post a Comment