Friday, October 29, 2010

Skittles

Colour Colour Colour!

The adventures of working with colours! It's harder than it seems. We are just learning Colour Harmonies. It all has to do with that precious little colour wheel you first saw back in elementary school, only in make-up school it is your best friend so you have a pocket size one you keep in your kit at all times. I never realized how hard putting colour on someones face could be. There's warm colours, cool colours, neutral colours, shades, tints, intensities, values etc!!

Split Complimentary:
Take a colour, look directly across the wheel to find it's compliment, but take the two colours beside it's compliment instead.

Yellow-Orange eye shadow
Blue cat eye
Red-Orange lips

Complimentary:
Colours directly across each other on the wheel.


Blue-Green smokey v eye shadow
Red-Orange lips


Triadic:
Three colours equally spaced on the wheel.

Yellow-Orange eye shadow
Red-Violet cat eye
Blue-Green bottom liner
neutral lip

 
Halo Eye Shadow:
Smokey eye on the inner 1/3 and the outter 1/3 of the eye.

These are considered Summer Colours. I used a light pink for the centre, and a plum colour for the shading. Keeping the blush and the lips in the same Cool shades for the overall matching look.
The first day I worked with colour was a stressful one. Then a hectic day on public transit just makes you feel sticky. So when my day was over and I was walking to my car the rain slowly stopped and I looked up and saw this rainbow in the sky. It must a sign that I am doing the right thing and this is my destiny. Or as John Casablancas' slogan says, "I was born to do this" Lol. Thanks for reading. My blog will get more interesting soon, I promise!

xox Celina

No comments:

Post a Comment