Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sweet 60's


 Think doing your perfectly symmetrical eyeliner is tough? Try mastering the 60's.
You may recognize this look made famous by Twiggy. I gave it a wirl, and with the help with a sassy fur hat and a very volumized wig, bam, the 60's is back. Can you believe women used to actually do this make-up every day? I guess drawing on bottom false lashes would get easier if you did it often enough. Also, I'm sure those women weren't being as precise as they were not being marked in beauty school. (I didn't have a partner this day, so I had to do the make-up on myself, which is harder than it looks. But with quite a bit of patience, it is possible, and can look super adorable!)

Another make-up inspired by the 60's is the traditional Ballet make-up. Both are to emphasize the eyes and make them look bigger than they are. Especially with ballet, as the dancer would be on stage, a lot further away from the audience.






So many fine lines! Symmetry! Bright colours! Literally EYE CATCHING.

xox Celina

1 comment: