Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bald Babes

Ever wondered what you'd look like without hair? I don't anymore. I never want to go bald, not only would I look like my dad, but I love hair so much I'd wear wigs if I had to.
I did enjoy making some other people look bald though. I've shaved pleantly of heads in my day, but only twice have I applied bald caps. 

Applying a bald cap is not easy. First, you have to prep their hair. If your model has long hair, wrap it up into a bun on the back of there head (the higher the better, but flat - not a cone). Use Gafquat (basically super glue in hair gel form, washes out with water) to get more working space behind the ears. Put on the cap and start applying! We used adhesive called Pros-Aid which is medical grade adhesive, latex, and bondo. The cap has to be tight and the edges blended completely. I used Grease Paints and Pax Paints (Pros-Aid based) to paint skin tone, and even stippled on fake hair stubble!


Rubber Bald Cap
Latex Bald Cap



Bald Boyfriend
When I first met Martin he had a shaved head, 
so I think he looks just as cute with or without hair.




Aaaannnddd then we found a room full of mannequins.
What hairless fun!

xox Celina

No comments:

Post a Comment