Thursday, March 24, 2011

a Hairy situation

I can't believe I'm doing this but, to quote Ke$ha "I like your beard"

Facial hair is one of the most challenging things I have done so far. It is tedious work that gets EVERYWHERE. There are different types of hair you can buy (I used crepe wool hair) and I blended this hair (for like 8 hours) to come up with 3 different shades for a realistic beard. 
After a long process of the stickiest skin glue ever (spirit gum) and cutting and laying fake hair onto my models face, voila! There's the beard. 

Lookin' pretty manly & also a little like a hobo.


Then I gave that long homeless beard a nice little cut for a more sophisticated look.
Uhh.. or rock band groupie look. Whichever you prefer to call it.


Unlike laying your own beards, pre-made pieces are super fast & very easy. If your budget can handle it, a pre-made piece is the way to go. Not only will it save time, but it will also help for continuity if needed in a film.

Anyone for a mustache ride?


I chose this picture because you can see me taking the photo & my instuctor Tracy in the glasses reflection. How cute!

xox Celina

No comments:

Post a Comment