Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dirty Work

I have now officially entered the last term of my make-up artistry program. I am 2 months away from achieving my diploma, and it feels great! The last term is all about the lab work and making your own pieces for special effects. Here's the worlds quickest breakdown: we sculpt our own wounds out of clay, then use plaster to make them a mould, then use either latex or gelatin to create our prosthetic piece!

This is a plate mould that I created so I can scuplt my clay pieces on top of it:

This is an example of a minor wound I sculpted:

And this is that same wound, that I made into a gelatin prosthetic piece, 
then applied & painted:
Pretty neat right? I thought so!

These next two are latex prosthetic pieces I made, applied & painted:
.


We also got to play around with our airbrushes again!

This is airbrush corpsing (sick!):

And this is airbrushed bruising:

 So much fun, but very dirty work. I can no longer wear my fancy clothes to school unless I want to destroy them. Pretty soon I'll start working on my final project which is a full body monster with a full face prosthetic piece, how exciting! Thanks for reading!

xox Celina

No comments:

Post a Comment