Saturday, September 3, 2011

Summer Wrap Up

It's officially the last week of Summer & everyone is getting their last fill of sunshine in before Fall finally hits us like a ton of bricks. The weather may not have been amazing this year, but what an exciting summer I have had!! When Jennine Cook - Industry Liaison / Co-Director of the JCI Make-up Dept. told me:
 "Your first 3 months after Graduation will set the pace for the rest of your Make-Up Artistry career",
boy was she right! I have had so many opportunities this summer to express myself creatively and I couldn't be happier. It has been hard; as you can probably tell, I haven't had much time off (hence the randomly updated blog) but working my butt off has been worth it.

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to be invited along to a magical photoshoot with Portrait Photographer Rebecca Sehn. I trucked my kit into the middle of a field and made 3 beautiful little girls, ages 5, 3, and 2 into little fairies. It was so adorable to put blush and shimmer on their little chubby cheeks. I was a little bit worried because I have never worked on that young of a client before, but they were really great little girls. The 2 year old even helped me put her blush on (I let her hold my fluffy powder brush) and she scrunched her little face up because it tickled her! I am still waiting to see the final project and I can't wait to show everyone. Rebecca made their fairy costumes by hand and I'm more than positive she captured some beautiful images as the sun was setting. 

If you'd like to see the sneak peak Rebecca put on her blog, please check it out here!

xox Celina

1 comment: